Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
2012 BMW E92 M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixse View Post
^ obvoius answer coming from current e92 m3 owner. wonder how effective that "instant" response is.. as far as i remember, torque wins races.
and mpg pwns you =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
Toqure doesn't always means win. BMW made the e92 m3 with gear ratios and launch control to keep revs high when racing at the drag. and at the track you are keeping the car in the power zone. Its not a hugh problem. But for the most part torque is more important for drag racing, and Horse power is more important for the race track. Ask any F1 driver....

The only thing i can see someone like you complaining is when daily driving, where you are keeping revs low. not in the power zone, where the next M3 will shine.

With that said. I love the sound of a V8, and the high revs. I could carless about MPG also. i am a rare breed, or maybe just have a lot of cash... either way.

I think this is something you might not understand. honestly i do see where people like you are coming from. a engine thats makes more power, better on gas, more torque. i get it.

but to me. i have never really liked practical cars. but this new one is better for BMW, and for many people
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
Mustangs dont win races LOL.

Ferrari 458 has a pretty damn close hp to tq ratio as the e9x m3. No one is complaining there.

But yes you obviously need instant torque to make lane changes in a 35mph zone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Drivers win races. And power-to-weight determines a car's ability to accelerate. Torque wins on the spec sheet.
Ezio, Pkim and MKoesel on target. Nuff said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
You prefer NA? An engine that suffers from lag from idle to the redline.................hmmm I see where you are coming from
Swamp/Koesel seemed to already dismissed class. Damn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
Post #5 was your best in this thread. Cheers.