View Single Post
      09-26-2013, 04:04 PM   #76
boostaholic786
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 N54 with MHD Custom flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Does it matter when taken the dyno curves shifting before redline will give a more satisfying experience and better performance than running above redline?

Looks like M owners are going to have to get use to shifting a bit before redline if they want to achieve maximum power and torque combined. You can even see in the graphs how it nose dives down after 6500ish from what I can remember from those pics. Its not going to be like the S65 engine where it makes power, more and more to redline which is 8250 stock...When I got out of my E63 M6 (stroked to 5.7L) FBO and got a stock E92 M3, the M3 literally felt like a damn turtle haha.. Im being serious too. I started to mod it and a buddy of mine had a 07 E90 335i with a JB3, DCI, and intercooler asked if I wanted to run and I literally laughed at him and told him he is a lunatic since I had ESS tune, Gruppe M intake, AA exhaust. Well lets just say with him, his wife, and his son which was 6 at the time in back did a 50mph roll and I jumped out with a big smile on my face and then all of a sudden i see this stock looking 4 door 3 series pulling my car...I looked down to make sure everything was ok and I was in M mode and was looking around like what the hell is wrong with my car.....Anyways, we did that probably 8 times and it was always about 3 cars ahead of me...I was so so so embarrassed, especially how cocky I was being. Sold the M3 2 days later and found the perfect E92 335i M-sport and went to town on it getting everything since I had extra cash from the M3...

So M owners, dont expect this car to feel like your E92 M3 or any past M's you have had....Because this is basically a carbon copy of an N54 with better oil cooling, suspension, brakes, IAT's with that new intercooler thats air to water....Oh not to mention its what....3300 pounds with 90% fuel in it.....???? THIS CAR IS GOING TO BE A ROCKET!!!!!
[SIZE="2"]Crimson Red E92 335i M-sport 6-speed with MHD custom stage 2+ flash only , 40% E85/93 mix,+ HRE P40S wheels, KW Clubsport, M3 sways,+BMW performance CF Mirrors, BMW Performance CF deck lid spoiler,+ CF interior trim, p3 vent boost gauge,+ LUX angel eyes (11.73@124mph on street tires)
Appreciate 0