Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by carM3kee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by derpimpkar View Post
the link shows a 2016 bmw, would the retrofit also work for a 2015?

also same question about the connecteddrive stuff still working. i can tell what we get new but i'm curious about what we'd lose if anything.
+1 would this work on the 15 m3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by derpimpkar View Post
the link shows a 2016 bmw, would the retrofit also work for a 2015?

also same question about the connecteddrive stuff still working. i can tell what we get new but i'm curious about what we'd lose if anything.
2015 are generally NBT units. NBT EVO generally started with 2016 (USA) Model Year.

For telecom boxes, NBT uses a TCB and NBT EVO uses an ATM. The wiring harnesses between the NBT and NBT EVO to Telecom box are also VERY different as well.

The NBT Evo to NBT Evo plug and play described in Post 1 is a simple swap as it's simply replacing an NBT EVO HeadUnit with 8 screws. It's really not more difficult than changing the dashboard trim piece which literally anyone can do.

An NBT EVO HeadUnit can be retrofitted and CODED in a NBT vehicle but it is more complex and you lose Connect Drive Services.

If you want to keep Connected Drive with a NBT to NBT EVO retrofit, the retrofit is even more complex and costs grow by roughly $1000. It involves coding, a new wiring harness from the dash to the rear of the car and an ATM.

A F30 member member recently did this complex retrofit.

And a used, working and unregistered donor ATM is a needle in a haystack (though one is listed in the Classifieds currently).
Appreciate 0