02-25-2014, 08:06 PM   #224
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
Other than the time spent designing those hideous front and rear bumpers on the new model

The designers didn't spend very much time doing anything else
What's with the mish mash of lines and curves that don't meet correctly or flow?
Both bumpers looks ricey, compared to the sleek lines of the e92 bumpers
To me it's like someone who's trying too hard to make it different
Not someone who's trying to design a nice clean shape

I think the e92 shape has aged very well
Doesn't look old, and still looks good
To me the new model looks a little Japanese
I.e. Overdone and in your face type styling
Can't believe we get this shit after the bangle years
Thought we'd already paid our dues in that respect
Bangle and his team were actually responsible for some very sharp looking BMW's, including the E92 that you claim has "aged very well". We used to have some intense discussions about Bangle; the most vocal detractors were unaware that they were driving a car that he and his team designed.

"
Quote:
He became the first American chief of design of BMW on October 1, 1992, where he designed the Z9 Gran Turismo concept car.

Bangle's designs are incorporated in the entire BMW lineup, including the 1, 3, 5, 6 and 7 series as well as the X3, X5, and X6 the newest design SUVs, and the concept car Gina. These span the automotive platforms E81 / E82 / E87 / E88, E90 / E91 / E92 / E93, E60 / E61, E63 / E64, E65 / E66 and E53. During the Bangle era, BMW overtook Mercedes as the global leader in premium car sales.

He introduced a new BMW concept car, called GINA on June 10, 2008.

On February 3, 2009, Bangle announced that he was to quit both his position at BMW and the auto industry altogether, to focus on his own design-related endeavours.[3] He was replaced by Adrian van Hooydonk.[4][5]
Appreciate 0