Alpine300zhp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M4 Comp RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onetime237 View Post
What is the CCA rebate?

The one i'm considering is not full leather - extended. I did drive them both, and while the used 2013 is not too much more than a new M3, I really left not super impressed - it has more bells and whistles and definitely more luxurious...but i think it's the wrong car for me right now. I'm not ready for that type of numb driving feeling.

Also - with the full leather - yeah, that would be an improvement, but i think when i boil it down, i'm not getting this car because of it's luxury. Plastic materials - cheap or whatever, probably not going to impact me on a day-to-day basis.
I think this post really tells us the answer. You describe the M5 as "the wrong car for me right now" and "I'm not ready for that type of numb driving". If this is how you feel then I really think you have your answer. For a long time I lusted after the M5/M6 and after owning my E92 M3 for a year I came to realize that I am not a big car person and that the M5/M6 is too big for me. My 4 is bigger than my former M3 and this is as large of a car as I want at this point in my life. I suspect you feel the same way, but you are considering the M5 because you think it presents a good value relative to its original MSRP. Keep in mind....value is largely based on the enjoyment you get out of the car and the M5 could be 60k and be a bad value if you don't like it. Go with your gut and pick the M3/M4.
Appreciate 0