FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromPA View Post
"Have a 17 yo nephew. No interest in getting a license. None. He’s not alone."

This is not a market you create products for....and kids like that have always existed. Usually their urbanites who use public transportation and don't see themselves ever living in a situation where a depreciating, costly asset that needs to be physically located is a real concern. I mean look at NYC - they have actively made the city anti-car for anyone who isn't exceedingly wealthy.

Anywho...

I'm in a place where a combination of youth running out, high income coming in, and other financial factors suddenly make me able to literally live the dream. Buy a new/used 911, buy almost any BMW I want, etc....and for the life of me I'm having a ridiculous time finding something "better" for me than my well-loved 67k mile, 5 year old f80 6mt.

I told myself when I had the means I would live the life....and here I am holding on for dear life

Does this make me old? Or the new products unattractive?

P.s. 2017 911 GTS 6mt seems like the sweet spot to me right now. A bit high priced but damn-a-lam that's a nice vehicle.
No, I'm talking about a modern phenomenon: https://www.wbur.org/cognoscenti/201...e-gerstenblatt

The way you generate interest and become an object of desire among this age group is to be Instagram-worthy.

Old & hanging on... Suppose I'm with you there. Same on the 911 front, but I'll probably have the naturally-aspirated dual clutch GT3 version.

Appreciate 1
minn1914037.50