10-25-2019, 08:54 PM   #66
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Thanks man. Some of the people that "run" this forum don't like negative opinions about how BMWs direction is headed for the future. All opinions should be welcomed as far as I'm concerned especially from someone like me that has had a multitude of BMWs and been to Munich for ED on 4 occasions. Whatever. If they want to silence people for voicing their displeasure it's their prerogative. The new design is still shit whether I'm saying it or the hundreds upon hundreds of other posters are saying it.

The wife and I have a "vanilla" X3 4 banger for baby duty right now (Our little guy is 1 Y/O). It's our 1st SUV and it's ok but not great. Wife likes the higher up driving position. Me not so much. We are most likely leaving the brand after these leases are up. To be honest when I walk into a BMW dealership there is nothing that I even remotely want except for maybe an M2cs or another F82. In 2 and half years there will be nothing.
I said it on my IG post and I'll say it again, this is what a lot of us are afraid of.

But the problem is, as minn19 already put it, if sales go well for these cars with this ugly Alfa Romeo esque front design then they won't stop changing it. The way I see it is, a major company like this won't get the hint until they see the damage in their sales figures, that is the only way to tell BMW and that dumb ass of a design team thinking this is a good idea.

If Porsche did something insane like changing the entire 911 design up for the 993, they will get absolute trashed by everyone. I don't think we, as BMW M fans, is making enough of a noise for BMW to rethink. But, at least with the 4er side is concerned, they are doomed or would like it.

My next car would be a 911 or 718 at this point. It's already set in my head, my decision is whether I can keep my M3 or not because I am definitely won't be touching the G80/G82 at this point. Losing the M-DCT already is a big no for me, going down this front end design is a hell no.

I can bitch a lot about Porsche (and believe me I have a lot to complain about) but at least they have the decency to not change up such an iconic design for mainstream sale purposes.

The utter irony of all of this is, I don't mind the X3M or the X4M. Both are SUVs for fuck sakes. What does that tell you about BMW's direction?