View Single Post
      01-20-2021, 03:06 PM   #2199
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
It's not that strange IMO, the CS are essentially "parts bin" cars with most of the R&D money going into the tuning development.

They already had the center console without armrest adapted for the single zone HVAC from the GTS, so they simply used that for the M4cs and M3cs. They already had the lightweight door cards from the GTS, so they used that on the M4cs. However, since these would not fit the 4-door M3, they took the 30jahre edition interior for the M3cs.

The only true unique parts are the front CF splitter and rear deck Gurney flap.
That's what I was saying, they already had both versions, so it was just a matter of working it into the production like anything else. They were already charging a hefty premium for those here (tried to anyway) so they may as well of given people a choice on it.

I guess strange from a stated mission part or something like that. If the CS was supposed to be a more track focused/special car yada yada, why the difference between the M3/4 CSs? I remember the marketing talking about them as part of cutting the weight etc. It couldn't of been that hard or expensive to make cardboard cutouts for the M3 CSs.

Ah fun to rehash old arguments from the past.
Appreciate 1
CanAutM321116.50