View Single Post
      08-23-2013, 07:41 AM   #124
marcva
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M345

These cars are getting big. 6" stretch over an E46. It would be interesting to see an E28M5 size comparison. What happened to the tight little car that was great to autocross and drive on the track? Yes, engineering is overcoming size the X6 is BMW's declaration of that. I suppose that fits well with a generation of drivers who used to track a lot and now want something they can track and drive comfortably cross-country (try that in a 911), but it's positioned differently in the spectrum of car choices than is used to be.

I'm looking forward to seeing the evolving 2 series numbers and images now. The Grand Coupe concept bothered me as a bastardization of the 2/4 door deliniation for the 6, but it might make for a reasonable replacement for old M3/4 in the future (unless I break down and get an e90). I'm looking for a 2 dr go kart that seats 4 in a pinch around town, I already have a touring/highway car, it's called an Odyssey.

Yes, I have small kids...Wishing BMW made an M-Van.

Last edited by marcva; 08-23-2013 at 07:48 AM.. Reason: Tourismo...coupe...too many derivatives!
Appreciate 0