01-08-2014, 09:39 AM   #221
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by camber View Post
Agreed for the most part.

But, again, you missed the simple fact that not everyone defines a car and its "competition" in terms of performance. Saying the Mustang is as fast as the M3 today is strictly basing the comparison on performance.
I understand there are other factors besides performance; like I said there is an emotional component which for some is just as legitimate.

Still, its clear there is a lot of commonality between the goals a Mustang is setting out to achieve and the goals a 4 Series and M4 try to achieve. Certainly there are more dots to connect there than there are with your EVO example and the BRZ brought up earlier. And even putting that aside, certainly for the C"63" coupe, RS5 (especially the next one which will ditch the high revving V8), RC-F, ATS-V coupe - the lines are even stronger. These are all luxury sport coupes in the $70k to $80k range offering similar amenities, similar levels of performance, and similar levels of exclusivity. You are going to see them matched up dozens of times in magazines over the next few years. As a BMW enthusiast, my heart certainly lies with the M3 (cum M4) but I really like what I see coming from the rest of the players as well.
Appreciate 0