02-04-2015, 06:44 PM   #9
pigwet
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: MW F80, CP, DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
CAM angle and RPM are the same sensor. Which can be read via the CAM sensor or more directly via the CANbus. With CANbus any sensor or signal in the vehicle can be read. Which is why the JB4 can have in dash controls, exhaust flapper control, read/delete faults from any module on the vehicle, etc.

Your sheet is missing fuel mass which is a critical one. The JB4 includes it. It's also missing RS232/USB which is important for firmware updates at home, data logging, etc. The JB4 and Stage1 both include that. The JB4 also includes EWG. The JB4 and Stage1 do not read MAF. Stage1 doesn't require it and the JB4 alters that signal via the CANbus. The only piggyback connecting to MAF I've seen is ESS. The rest of them take TMAP, MAP, and RPM only.

Also, regarding Dinan, I'm not sure it actually has CANbus or EWG control. A lot of claims are made but someone would need to independently verify it by examining the harness.

BMS warranties their tuners for 12 months.

Mike
Thank you Mike! I was hoping people who know what they are talking about would comment on the thread. I'll update everything soon.
Appreciate 0