12-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #130
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92_SID View Post
So from what I am reading, it looks like nobody will be taking delivery (ED / or otherwise) until June at the earliest? That is a lot of waiting! I was really hoping it was sooner than that.

For the people who have been through this process before, how is priority determined as far as who gets the first batches of the car? I mean even if we are #1 at our local dealership, there are also plenty more people who are "#1" all around the world... When can Joe Blow realistically expect to get the car assuming he orders as soon as the gates open?
ED is not for you if you do not have the patience.

BMW does not care if you are #1 on your local dealer's list or not.

Dealer puts the order into the ordering system, then BMW will assign you a production number and then you will determine your pick up day. Car is usually available for pick up 4-6 weeks after your order is accepted by BMW.

When you are putting your initial order in dealer will ask you for a target date for a pick up and they will work with you on the details from there on. So if you order the car on June 1st your pick up date will be somewhere around mid to late July.

Depending on where you live it can take up to 8-10 weeks for a redelivery to US.

That is IF there are no hickups or delays in production.

My E92 335i was one of the 1st production cars and BMW delayed production on the NAV equipped cars for a month back in 2006.

My M3 got delayed at CA port for 3 weeks bec of a strike.....

But overall I would not buy a BMW unless I do ED.
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0