GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaranob View Post
I know this has been considered for the prior model but has anyone ordering the vert had a chance to see what luggage types/dimensions fit the larger M4 Cabrio's trunk, especially with roof down?

Doing ED with wife on Sept 12th and will have fairly minimal luggage so hoping two std. carry-ons with small backpacks might fit in there, again with roof down.
I did an ED in an e93 m3 and you'll have tons of space as the dimensions of the new M4 are slightly larger, plus there's 2 options for load-through instead of 1 (a larger option instead of just the ski / arm rest one), and there's a new easy load feature for when the top's down.

For our last ED we had exactly what you list and it fit fine in the truck but don't forget then you have the whole back seat area too - we ended up doing shopping, etc and putting our new stuff in the trunk and our luggage in the back seat (I always put the back rest down so I don't scuff up the leather).

Since then I've begun to always check bags so I bought "big brown" which is a Briggs & Riley 27". This monster pretty much takes up the back of the trunk and then in front and around it you can get some back packs, etc. if you want the top down too.

We're planning on 2 weeks in October so I'm thinking we'll bring the 27" briggs, a 24", 2 back packs, my camera backpack and my wife will probably have a small shoulder bag as well.

Here's a pic of the f83 load through:

Roof barrier up:

Roof barrier down, but the space expands as it goes forward:

Last edited by GrussGott; 07-03-2014 at 08:56 PM..
Appreciate 0