GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaranob View Post
now just need exact dimensions so to confirm how my own luggage might fit (never satisfied!!)
Ok, I just did a measurement of mine and the f83 should be slightly larger.

I used our nothing-in-here-to-steal luggage with the following dimensions:
* Wife's Travel Pro: 24h x 16w x 10 deep
* My High Sierra: 21h x 17w x 10 deep

The E93 trunk is 30" deep x 28" width x 12" height with a big caveat ... with the divider down the 12" height comes forward 9" then starts decreasing until you have 8" of height. You'll see in the pics.

Trunk Depth:

Trunk Width:

Luggage Pre-Load:

Travel Pro loaded for top-down action:

Both bags loaded for top-down action:

Partition Closed:

Travel Pro loaded for max space:

Both bags loaded for max space:

Words of wisdom:
  1. Do not smash the divider down - it will jiggle lose during top operations and freeze the top which then has to be held closed while someone holds the raise/lower button
  2. With both bags loaded flat there is plenty of space on top of the rear bag and around them for other backpacks assuming they're not jam stuffed
  3. Sometimes it's easier to just unpack stuff from your bags and put it around the bags if you want to fit everything in

EDIT: an example of #3 is running/workout shoes: I never wear these on the plane or while driving but they take up a lot of space in luggage ... that's a good thing with a convertible because they can easily be taken out of your luggage and stashed somewhere else in the car for the road trip, then jam packed for the airplane home. Another example is your shower/shave kit or coats, etc.

Last edited by GrussGott; 07-06-2014 at 03:14 PM..
Appreciate 0