2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spennycc View Post
Hey bimmer fam,

Wanted to just first say that I previously owned an " m " 440i and I had it tuned with a full catback exhaust, all from active autowerk. It was automatic as well but I loved every second in it however I would always just drool over the actual M cars.

So i took the leap of faith traded it in ( got 27k for it so cleared of the owed amount ) and got a lease on a brand new m4 heritage.

However.... I went for 6MT and I am slowly getting better and have read a ton and watched a ton of videos but still struggling with a few things.

Most notably " moving off " faster, currently I usually try to baby the clutch into the biting point and then get it a bit of gas and then fully come off the clutch. This is offly slow and I've had to make a few left turns in a intersection that were really scary because of this.

Also I'll add that this is my daily and im not sure if I am crazy for that as when I've taken night drives its been great but sometimes during the day it can be rough with the 6MT.

I am only a week in currently and I feel like I get slightly better with each passing day but I really struggle with going at a quick speed, ( not trying to fully launch here. )

Anyways I figured this would be my last chance to truly drive a manual car so I went for it but its been a bit scary and WAY more challenging then just flooring it in the automatic 440i.

Open to any advice you guys will have for me.

PS I usually drive in sports, sometimes in efficient but have yet to try sport+
Drive in efficient only for now until your smooth with the clutch. Sport plus is very aggressive and difficult to manage if you're not really experienced.

Go to an empty parking lot.

No gas pedal at all

practice rolling off the clutch until you can do it sorta quick.

You'll get to know exactly where the clutch grabs.

Congratulations; when you get smooth with it the car will take off like butter
Appreciate 0