CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
I base my comments on actual braking coefficient numbers published for both pads. You're basing your comments off pure personal experience and conjecture.

You just said it yourself. RS-29 are basically M performance pads which come stock on some cars. There is nothing special about them. That was my point. You just said yourself they pair well to street tires too.

PFC-08 are on another level from RS-29. PFC-08/PFC-01 are used on cars competing in PWC with slicks. They are an endurance pad though and the actual brake torque they generate isn't much higher than a stock pad. Big difference between them is effective operating range. If you need more aggressive pads than a full blown race cars use to do some HPDE then you're doing it wrong. Stock pads with brake ducts to keep them cool will net you the same performance as aggressive track pads that usually run too cold at HPDE and eat rotors (all teat screeching you hear). That's just my 2c.

And yes, 100%, clunking usually comes from not carrying the backing plate over from the stock pads. Go check for yourself... aftermarket "race" pads almost always having an asterisk next to them to that they do not include backing plates:

See the silver plate that comes with the back of these OE replacement pads? That's a backing plate that RS-29 pads do not come with:

I only said "pry" because the stock backing plates are usually glued to the pad or even seized from rust/heat. Takes a bit of work to remove them from the stock pads. Which is why people usually fail to transfer them to their new pads...
First, the M3/4 M-Performnce pars do not come stock. They’re not even available in North America.

Second, coefficient of friction is only one parameter amongst many to consider when assessing pad performance.

And if RS29 are not enough for you for HPDE, maybe you are doing it wrong by over-braking .

I am not sure I follow you when you talk “baking plate”. By definition, all pads have a backing plate on which the pad material is fixed to. What the stock pads have is an adhesive layer fixed on the back of the backing plate to prevent squealing. The reason they don’t slap is mostly due to their snug fit. The adhesive by itself would not be enough to prevent slap with loosely fit pad.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 1
Bosozoku693.50