03-16-2021, 07:18 PM   #131
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335I X-Drive E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial328i View Post
With the brace and intake tube removed, I came at it from the top and side. I took the tension off the accessory belt, then got started. The flap that the bottom red arrow points to in the picture is rubber so it bends out of the way easily. If you can see with your fingers and are good with a mirror, it's no problem. My torque wench fit just fine. I did have to use a funky combination of extensions on my 1/4" drive ratchet to make it long enough but not too long. It took me like two hours maybe. And that's because I had to take all the bolts back out because I forgot to put loctite on them. Feel free to PM questions.
I bought the CBC and planned to install it when it arrives sometime next week and I was examining the engine bay and thought I could tackle it exactly like how you did, or from below. Its good to hear that this can work at least for those of us with average hands lol.

Did you completly remove the belt from the crank pulley? If not my only concern would be the crank moving after pulling out all 8 bolts allowing the hub to slip and affecting your timing.

Also when it comes to parts like these where were messing with crank bolts and the entire purpose is to save the engine from the bolts backing out you really have to have a good quality torque wrench that is calibrated for accuracy often to make sure your applying the correct amount of torque to prevent under torquing, like snap on ect... Before i ever ventured into turbo upgrads/swapping on my old 335I the first thing i invested in was two quality torque wrenches. I actually should get them calibrated again here soon.
2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)
Appreciate 0