08-22-2019, 11:51 AM   #20
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntgarage44 View Post
Same here. As cool as it is to have the RS6 coming to the US, I don't think it's the right car to make the case for wagons returning to US. This seems like a risky performance wagon to bring here first. I would have personally tried to bring the S4, RS4, or S6 wagon first, at a much more palatable price point, and gauge interest from there.

Still great that the RS6 is coming, but this is exactly the type of car that I can see Audi checking the sales figures at the end of the life-cycle and say "Well, Americans still don't like wagons, no point in sending any of the cheaper ones over there."

I hope I'm wrong, but based on the conversations I'm having with fellow car enthusiasts and other people, so far only 1 person besides me out of the 10+ people I talked to is even remotely interested in it.
Agreed. You have one limited segment which is people who want a wagon. Then another limited segment which is people who can afford a $100k+ car. Put them together and I dont see there being huge demand.
Appreciate 0