View Single Post
      12-27-2019, 05:04 PM   #1
thomsonsss
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80, JB E46, LSB E46, FK8 CTR

Going from an F80 M3 to an E90 M3/E46 M3

Hi,

Not sure if this has been discussed in-depth before, but curious to see if any F8x owners have switched to an E9x/E46 M3?

To provide some background, I am coming from a 2016 F80 M3. Competition, DCT. Black/Black. Bought it a little less than a year ago, and a little bored of it already. (It's for sale here: https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1669586)

I love the comfort of the F80 as I mainly do a ton of highway driving/cruising. DCT is great for day-to-day commute, however I'm really looking for something more driver-oriented and engaging to drive on the weekends (this is not my daily). An investment opportunity has incentivized me to put my F80 up for sale, though I've decided that I'd still like an M-car in the garage.

I know I'll be sacrificing some power by going to the E46/E9X chassis, but the appeal of a naturally-aspirated engine is just so tempting, and the sound is godsent.

Curious to hear anyone else's thoughts on the matter, and if they considered going back to the E46/E9x generation as well?

In the meantime, some pictures of my F80 M3