08-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #40
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 宝马.e90 View Post
Given the history, the complaints are perfectly warranted like you said. We pretty much have a very good idea of what the F80 is going to look like (even with a lot of camouflage still left). As for sound, remember when the F10 M5 was going through the testing stages? We all heard it and were very skeptical and that it would be improved with the final design. It didn't. If it did, it was very minor. Yes, changes still could be made but I wouldn't bet on it. What we hear with the test mule is pretty much what we're going to get with the production model.
Exactly, we were all told that the final F10 M5 would sound way better than the prototypes (at least, I think I remember reading that) and it didn't change much. I'm actually more than OK with the way these M3 prototypes sound, I've had a turbo straight six for two years now and I absolutely love the sound of my N55 in person (videos make it sound thin and hollow like a diesel) so I'm sure this final product will be great but it's always hard to judge a car's sound from videos because the cameras (or camera phones) usually have shitty microphones and then Youtube compresses the audio even more.

I'm usually really big on the way a car sounds but in this case, every other detail of this new M3 is practically guaranteed to be so great that I legitimately don't care what it sounds like. I would buy one immediately if I could afford it.
Appreciate 0