Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraggy
I drove an F30 Modern Line for 4 days as a loaner. Even in sport mode, the steering sucks compared to previous BMWs. I've owned an E36, two E46s, and just purchased my 3rd E90, so I think I've got a good frame of reference on how BMWs drive.

I wish you a lot of luck and pray they don't fuck it up for a 1/10 of a gallon better fuel economy.
I guess all those MINIs being sold must be horrible too?
I have never driven a mini, so I really can't say. But after six BMWs I think I have a general idea and most of them felt pretty similar overall. The F30 does not drive like any other BMW. While it has great mechanical prowess, it lacks the connection and feedback to the driver. The steering does make it feel like a cheaper car than it really deserves to feel.

I am sure that one of these years, they will get this all sorted out, or we will all just get used to that new feeling and forget about what cars used to drive like.

It's funny, on the fourth day of the loaner car, the F 30, started to smoke out of the trunk, apparently something was shorting out. So I called the dealership and they sent me a new loaner car, an E90. neither car had sports package, but the E 90 immediately felt like a familiar BMW.
2020 M340
Appreciate 0