Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 - DCT 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster84 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunna View Post
This worries me as I am currently in pursuit of an f80 m3 and don't want to overpay.

That graph looks like the prices might be on the downtrend in the used market from their highs so maybe I will wait a few months to see what happens.
The graph is all cars not rare bmws. The reason why the m4/m3 are going up is because of supply and demand, there are simply more buyers than sellers and the new g80 buck toothed car doesn’t help the rarity of the f80 at all either. Usually people upgrade, but my guess is the sales plummet once the new factor wears off and people realize what there driving around in.

If your in the market waiting is probably a bad idea if you have your heart on this car and don’t want to miss out on it. If you don’t mind missing out then waiting is a good option and it things get worse, you choose a different car. My bet is it’s just going to get worse considering that people are crashing these cars, and new sales are slow this only makes them more rare and I doubt there’s enough m3/m4 s in the USA to outpace demand.

I actually wanted to lease the new m4 until I saw the grill then I was like a used F80 it is and I ended up setting on an f83 instead. Btw if dealers are calling people to buy their cars it means the market is desperate for supply which covid had destroyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeldoo View Post
How much do you guys seeing the F8X bottom out at in 5 years time lets say. With the G8X being a dud and the dawn of ugly electric.

Will the last real M car command a good price. All i ask for is for a decent F8X with about 70k miles to be around 30k USD.

Is that the bottoming out point for these guys?
You won’t find an m3 for under 40k even with 100k miles. An m4 coupe is more likely because they sold more of these which means there’s more in the market. But then then 35k minimum for 70k miles with no bonus options is my guess. I’ve seen the market and it’s slim pickings so once you add on the need for a color, or special feature under 40k because a dream.
I understand right now you won't find one under 35 but i mean in 5 years time does anyone see these holding their value?

I am assuming hell ya, i think the e92 bottomed out at around 25k usd for a decent one.
Appreciate 0