Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpy1980 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
Lol if you get hit with laser it's game over. Your best bet is to get laser jammers.

Visit vortex radar and read up on them.

IMO I don't think you will need laser jammers in socal since laser is rare.
Ah so laser isn't something that can be detected like radar?

I do need to read up but I'm more of a set it and forget it type of guy.

Bah.

Do you drive the canyons too? Do you know what the officers there use?
Radar detectors are pretty much set and forget once you get the initial configuration done and fine tune it the way you like it.

Laser is difficult to detect and once you do detect it, it's too late. They already caught your speed.

Imagine trying to capture a big laser pointer using a radar detector... there is some scatter which may trigger the detector but the moment the police pull the trigger, you have been hit.

As for canyons, I haven't been hit on the canyons. I suspect it is easier to camp out behind a corner and turn on the radar and hit you with Ka. You generally need to be outside the car to shoot a laser gun but it can be done inside the car too.

A radar detector isn't fool proof. You need to be aware of your surroundings, know the speed traps and where cops like to hide and avoid speeding alone or on a empty highway. I avoid speeding at night whenever possible because you never know where an officer can/will hide in darkness. Just be smart about it and run Waze as well.
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 0