View Single Post
      06-26-2020, 10:08 AM   #12
RevNev
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRedline View Post
After seeing other posts of these wheels, I called Lyle in mid-April to inquire about getting them in a bright silver. We went back and forth over email and arrived at a color that the plant would try out for the first time on these wheels. It's called "hyper silver" and is a 2 stage process with a black base coat and silver top coat. This gives the color an almost 3 dimensional liquid metal look -- much more dramatic than a traditional Wurth silver.
This guy's got taste, his M3 looks brilliant I love it I tend to wear my liking of silver wheels and dislike of black or dark wheels like a badge of honour and freely admit that I'm not fashion conscious. Silver wheels aren't fashionable or cool, but they sure look awesome on dark coloured cars. Funny "brushed clear" that's essentially silver is gaining popularity and that looks good too from a distance.

It's great that Richland would do it, as most wheel manufactures wont.

Not Richland but I painted my 763M's silver on Mineral Grey and looks magic I think!

BMW paint code A55 is hyper silver. It's the colour of the 359M E9x ZCP wheels and is a 2 stage colour process with final clear coat is how my 763M's were re-painted.

I think 295 20's are too tall to get the "flush look" and needs less wheel offset to be scrape free. Serious tyre width on the rear is best achieved with 19's.
Attached Images

Last edited by RevNev; 06-26-2020 at 10:50 AM..
Appreciate 1
RRedline209.50