12-22-2013, 08:56 PM   #152
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post

IMO, there are important counterpoints though. As I and others have stated many times in other threads, the F8X advantage resides in the fact that it is most likely underated by 30+ hp. Another important advantage is the broad power plateau, where the F8X will be putting down much more average power during an acceleration run compared to the E9X. Looking at BMW advertised acceleartion numbers, it is clear that they do expect a significant leap forward. Hopefully it isn't only marketing hype and the performance will be there.

I can't wait to see independent test results. I am personnaly convinced the F8X will be quite the performer .

For me, the most important uncertainty regarding the S55 is the throttle response. Since I do track my cars a fair bit, this has been one of my favorite characteristic of ///M engines. Hopefully, all the anti-lag tech will be working its magic. I can't wait to test drive one .
everything M is doing to me seems better for daily driving over the track. making a better MPG engine with more low end power.

if you track your car often i wouldn't dream of getting a any M car on the market today ( new models). i have heard of F10 M guys having heating problems at the track. IMO its simply the nature of the beast to be more prone to heating issues over a N/A engine. i am sure BMW will put some nice tec into the engine to help with this. but there is only so much you can do. time will tell.
Appreciate 0