07-17-2021, 01:33 PM   #97
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomeler View Post
Is that recording on the Goodyear SuperCar 3s? Moving from the Cup 2 to the Toyo RR reduced those micro-corrections coming out of every corner. Even with my prior adjustments I'm still seeking as you said: "more of a progressive, usable, E9X gen style, controlled power oversteer".

I think I was close, I was able to power through a lot of the tail wagging instead of having the car immediately snap oversteer. It's a rewarding platform when you set a PB, but it really makes you work for it.

I honestly have been under the M235iR once, and that was mostly to see if I could fit an 18x11(I don't think I can ). I believe it has non-reservoir 2-way KW coilovers. Starting on Monday I'll be tearing into it with the goal of getting it out to the track on the 27th or 28th of July. Just need to double check everything, mark some bolts, and flush the brakes.
Yeah, all of the corrections are with Supercar 3R, OE sizes, stock wheels. The constant back end movement and corrections still aren't anywhere near gone from mid corner to corner exit. Just seems full throttle availability, that traction moment arrives earlier and more clearly now. And then no snap surprises after that.

Added rubber (and/or slicks) would help tame more for sure, and be faster. For now I'm stubbornly hanging onto the OE wheels and tire sizes because I sense that they contribute to the communicativeness, sharpness. The 20" in back in particular.

Agreed, it's a rewarding but massively challenging platform approaching the limit. No PB's by accident, you know you've been through it.

Look forward to following 235 progress, thing is sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadM2C View Post
Curious on your best lap time at Gingerman and alignment specs?
Alignment is just stock lowered ride height, plus GC camber plates at max -. Not sure how much more adjustability there is with all stock components front & rear.

Best so far is a 1:37.6 (telemetry above). Maybe there's a 36 in the car in spring/fall conditions if I slam a red bull and really put one together.

Experienced driver and in the area? Looking for some additions to make rent affordable sometime in the offseason. Let me know if you'd be interested and I'd be happy to message you if we put something together.

Appreciate 0