08-03-2021, 05:16 PM   #6
MJ6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 ZCP 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [10.00]
So my dyno tune session with Jordan Tuned was today, and if I'm being quite honest I'm a little underwhelmed. I'm not sure if it's tuner related or mod related, but it does leave me with questions. I will state that communication and turn around on revisions was great despite their voice communication system being down.

A few caveats before the results: the tune was performed remotely via DynoJet but utilized SAE correction as opposed to STD correction during the majority of the pulls until the dyno operator figured out how to adjust them. Jordan Tuned also thinks that I may have a small boost leak somewhere (my builder is looking into it this week), and BM3 stopped communicating with my DME on the tail end of the E85 tune so we didn't have an opportunity to hit final revision status.

We started off by polishing up the 93 octane road tune; based on some of the results I'd seen I expected to be able to hit the magical 600whp mark relatively easy. Numbers aren't everything, but after a baseline 506wtq and 483whp on a custom stage 2 tune, I admit that expected a bit more than 561wtq and 539whp. While SAE does use a more strict correction factor, and if there is a boost leak it could obviously effect the outcome, I was informed that we we're "octane limited" which was a bit confusing given the reported results others have experienced on not only Kratos turbos, but Pures and GC's as well.

The E85 tune took some time, and we did experience some boost spiking which could have been attributed to the suspected boost leak. Although we didn't have the chance to finish it up due to the DME having communication issues, one of the last successful runs we had (STD correction) was 695wtq and 662whp. I have to admit, on a stock bottom end the 695wtq concerns me, and 662whp when alternate fueling typically nets 700whp+ feels off. Again, this could either be a limitation of the EU5's and upgraded HPFP's or the simple fact that we weren't able to finalize the tune.

Ultimately, I'm left unsure. The 93 octane tune left me feeling subpar, and the E85 results are concerning to me (albeit unfinished). I'm still considering moving forward with Halim and HCP being that he worked directly with Kratos and Dorch with the EU5 injectors previously, but I'll want to check for a boost leak first obviously.

I'm still learning to read the logs, but nothing drastic jumps out at me; if one of you guys wouldn't mind taking a look though I would be appreciated so I have a better idea of what to look for.

Data Log Links
93 octane :https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=6109...0b431bdc8a387c

E85: https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=6109...0b431c63426ca0
Attached Images

For Sale

Last edited by MJ6; 08-03-2021 at 07:41 PM..
Appreciate 0