01-28-2014, 04:24 AM   #125
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
I am afraid of the amount of hype M3/M4 is getting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlp View Post
I've owed every M3 since the e36 and based on history it is probable that I could own a F8X M3 as well but at this stage of the game this is starting to sound like contrived propaganda and unfortunately any anticipation is now starting wane. Amazed how many folks are already emotionally attached to this car based solely on pictures and some numbers. The endless and often baseless pontification is becoming nauseating. Looking forward to real world data and getting passed this window of speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlp View Post
It's simple. Marketing is just marketing. I don't need someone to tell me what they "think" they want me to hear to buy their product. I will decide on my own terms with real world data. No need to romanticize today based on what I think it will be. I will make a decision based on what it actually does. Not hating...just saying .

I saw the M4 concept in person back in August @ Laguna Seca so I have had a lot of time to take in the car and data. Cautiously optimistic

Great points. I won't lie, the anticipation and marketing hype in the air is beginning to feel similar to the excitement leading up to the release of the f30 cars. We all know how that went. And to me, the f80 will be such a radically different car than the e90/92 that it's impossible (statistically) that all these people will be pleased. Artificial sound, I-6 / V-8, EPS, forced induction, larger dimensions, ...
Appreciate 0