IS350
IS350 to IS-F to M3 and M4
Rep
Drives: 2015 i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IS350 View Post
Thanks for the review. I'm also comparing to my lease: 2018 M3 Competition. After renting at Model 3 (non performance) I missed the seats and adjustable suspension in my M3, but, I was pleasantly impressed with the Tesla's acceleration, more than the interior. It was simple but left me wanting more options to customize the car's setup. That said, autopilot was awesome in traffic, getting to the airport, etc. Free Supercharging is a nice perk, too. I'm conflicted. I like the tech, but not sure I'm ready to give up the M3.

Meanwhile, 3.18 is rather impressive, even if the speed fades when the M3 doesn't.
https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-mode...attery-charge/
If you are impressed with the base model, you'll probably love the performance model

I'm surprised you found the base model acceleration impressive coming from an m3, or maybe I read too much into your post
Allow me to clarify. The instant torque at nearly all "highway legal" speeds is what I was pleasantly impressed with. No need to downshift, just goes immediately. The M3 needs a little bit to get into the right gear, of course. And brilliant when it does.

I started this thread because I like the discussion, these are all opinions, some of us have driven the model 3, few of us have driven the performance flavor. I'm just starting to see the reviews and it looks solid. Is it worth $70k-ish, after the $7,500 government tax credit assuming you can take delivery by December? Who knows, but I like that there are options, and free SuperCharging is a perk, too.

I think what I would miss most is the ability to take the car to the track, without making any mods. The brakes and suspension and tire width in the M3 are obviously made for moderate tracking, with an easy drive home in comfort. My M1 button puts everything in the easy mode.

Again, I appreciate everyone's comments and perspectives.
Appreciate 0