10-10-2019, 07:17 AM   #11
OhioRiderAaron
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
That sounds terrible!!!! This is why I don't drive student's cars, or if I do it's at 5/10ths. If I'm going to take them for a joyride it's in my car!

Did the organization do anything about that?
Yikes! Makes you wonder what his normal trackday vehicle is then? If it's a low hp or low torque car I probably wouldn't offer up a car to that person.

Personally I have no problem driving a student's or fellow instructors car, but I wouldn't be driving it more than 8/10ths for that exact reason (just drove a friend's C7Z06 @ MidO without issue). There's just so many mediocre instructors out there that "instructor" doesn't mean a lot whole unless you're confident in their ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Maybe you are overbraking .

I've been running the stock brakes on my two M4s over the past 5-years with RSL29 pads (not the best out there) and stock fluid, and I certainly would not call them "complete garbage"...

Are you running with DSC or MDM on ? That could make a huge difference.
He is over-braking, or at the very least over-working a system that is known to not to handle repeated or a sustained workload on track. I'm gonna continue to bust his balls until he starts listening

Either do a few "flyer" laps followed by a few slower laps OR just don't brake 100% all the time.

ZCP - Daily Driven Trackster ~ Gone but not Forgotten
1LE - Track Rubber & Garage Dust Collector
Appreciate 0