NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi R8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Maybe you are overbraking .

I've been running the stock brakes on my two M4s over the past 5-years with RSL29 pads (not the best out there) and stock fluid, and I certainly would not call them "complete garbage"...

Are you running with DSC or MDM on ? That could make a huge difference.
I run DSC OFF and I'm pre-abs before corners. It's how I was taught originally by my NASA instructor.

I'm not a pro by any means so the question of whether or not I can improve my technique to reduce brake heat is an easy answer: absolutely.

The issue here is that I track with my buddies and we all analyze each other's braking/corner speeds/line. It's a C7 Grandsport, (2) 1LE Camaros with ZL1 brakes and a Shelby GT350 with a track pack. I'm the only one struggling with my brakes and I'm braking earlier and earlier throughout the day because I lose consistency. I'm also going a lot faster in the front and back straight than they are.

Take a look at my most recent Glen lap:

See how early I'm braking? This is day 2, last session. If I brake any later I don't know if the car will even stop before the run off.

I definitely need to improve my technique and I'm working on it but these brakes are sub-par. At the very least, the lack of brake cooling is a major issue that is well known on the F80.

I'm open to criticism, definitely not sensitive here.
Appreciate 2
minn1914034.50
irunalot1518.00