01-28-2014, 02:45 PM   #162
bmwluvr24
Driving Mika all over California.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by imserious View Post
Base corvette does not have 630 lb/ft torque. It has 465 torque & 460 hp. I'm not saying it is going to be faster than the corvette. I'm saying that with ~ 400 lb/torque & 400+ hp the new m3 is going to drive more like a punchy corvette than the high strung m3s we have been accustomed to. best comparison is probably a beefed up 1M. you'll remember people tended to like the 1M.

it's going to be different, but i find it hard to believe that lots of people are going to complain about an m3 with e46 weight and 400 lb/ft torque @ < 2000rpms.
And also, good luck touching a C7 for anything less than $70k right now which puts it right alongside the M3/M4 price wise. I don't care what the base price is, no one is getting them for $55k. I agree with your statement completely. I am definitely not going to complain about a car that is putting up the spec numbers we are being shown.