Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Nardo F90 M5 on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss134 View Post
I think there is a potential for the first time with this generation that the M3 may not be best in class. The gap in recent years has been narrowing and I get the feeling that if MB go to town on the new C63 it could blow the F80 away.

If MB manage to bring the weight down, offer a double clutch and continue it's improvement from the ' 12 models regarding handling the M might have met it's match because one thing is guaranteed and that is this car will be packing some serious firepower.

There again....we don't know how the F80 will drive and handle- it may be spectacular and there is also the possibility that the S55 has been underrated.

Looking forward to the comparisons when both cars come out.
I used to be a BMW fanatic but now I'm hoping MB does raise the bar and give BMW a good kick in the pants in terms of not only superior hp, but handling and performance. The lighter F8x notwithstanding, BMW's have been generally getting softer with each generation so they're befitting to be beaten.

Having said that, MB has always had the engineering capability to knock out the 3-Series for but have not succeeded. Yeah the Black Series was a contender but only at a stratospheric price point which makes it an inconsequential contender.
Where? M3 has always had less power and always ruled AMGs. I think of the e55 vs the e39 and what hog the e55 was.It was only good at going straight. AMGs solution is always to strap a bigger engine is the car and hope the car is better than what the M division does. To be fair I drove a C63 and a CTS-v before I bought my E90. Neither felt close to e90. But the C63 did feel a lot like CTS-v in terms of transmission and handling, not my cup of tea. M cars always feel more connected to the road to me.Porsche>BMW>Mercedes the way I will always see it. If Porsche made a sport sedan I would buy it. I hate the Panamara
Appreciate 0