View Single Post
      02-21-2019, 12:08 PM   #8
matty088
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric S View Post
what's stupid about that? Actually that's a decent price.

There are different levels of paint correction and different levels of quality when it comes to coatings. They are all not one in the same, and the installer is not the same as the next guy.

Our 2 step correction looks better than some 3 step corrections, and definitely looks better than most other shops 2 steps...we are more expensive for a reason. The cheap 400 dollar jobs that take 5 hours looks far different than a proper 10 to 14 hours job at 1000+ Modesta BC04 looks and protects far better than a DIY CQUK bottle. but it costs $1500 for the coating alone.

To say its stupid is not right. It may be expensive for you, but it may be a drop in the bucket for someone else. Some people want the best, so they pay for it. Some people are ok with 80%, and they pay less for it, but the two are not equal.

There is a saying:
It will cost X amount to get you to 90%, if you are after that 100%, expect to pay double or triple as that is what it takes"
$2000 isnt a lot of money in a general sense. However its a lot of money to have a coating applied to a car. Where is the value? The water sheets off and scratching is slightly less? Why not get a good paint correction, apply a good sealant and reup the sealant yourself. Save 1500. So i reiterate my stupid comment. I am sorry. there isnt value here in my mind. 2000 for what exactly? Same amount of beading and slightly more protection over a sealant? The car is a garage queen.I can get a year out of a decent sealant (Zaino, yes Zaino).

the problem is with this particular installer i think . 900 for 5yr Opti. 250 for the windows. 250 for the tires. then a bunch more to have the calipers done. Its all a la carte. Then there is paint correction. and doesnt include interior. The price is high. "stupid" high. And the fad will erode over time. Or at a minimum a new price will be found. There needs to be a reset in this market. Its like an over inflated stock price. A correction is due.

Why not get ceramic pro? Is that not quality? 950 all in. all surfaces. interior. paint correction. 3 yr coating. Multiple shops are offering this.
Appreciate 2
gatorfast4994.50
PhatLyfe985.00