View Single Post
      09-26-2013, 05:04 PM   #88
Carl L
Major
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostaholic786 View Post
Looks like M owners are going to have to get use to shifting a bit before redline if they want to achieve maximum power and torque combined. You can even see in the graphs how it nose dives down after 6500ish from what I can remember from those pics. Its not going to be like the S65 engine where it makes power, more and more to redline which is 8250 stock...When I got out of my E63 M6 (stroked to 5.7L) FBO and got a stock E92 M3, the M3 literally felt like a damn turtle haha.. Im being serious too. I started to mod it and a buddy of mine had a 07 E90 335i with a JB3, DCI, and intercooler asked if I wanted to run and I literally laughed at him and told him he is a lunatic since I had ESS tune, Gruppe M intake, AA exhaust. Well lets just say with him, his wife, and his son which was 6 at the time in back did a 50mph roll and I jumped out with a big smile on my face and then all of a sudden i see this stock looking 4 door 3 series pulling my car...I looked down to make sure everything was ok and I was in M mode and was looking around like what the hell is wrong with my car.....Anyways, we did that probably 8 times and it was always about 3 cars ahead of me...I was so so so embarrassed, especially how cocky I was being. Sold the M3 2 days later and found the perfect E92 335i M-sport and went to town on it getting everything since I had extra cash from the M3...
Appreciate 0