CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Prius

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie340 View Post
The M fan boys come out.

I drive an xdrive because I'm from the northeast and have only been in LA for 6 months and don't plan to be here the whole time I have this vehicle.

All of the differences you just stated were addressed by the mods you had on your 435. Also you had a 435 not 440 so hats not even being taken into account. I believe in legitimate differences between cars not "intangibles."

Also I have track package for whatever that is worth.
Legitimate differences as in a electronic rear differential, a dual clutch trasnmission and an incredible engine/cooling set up? I am telling you my experience, on the racetrack, between the two cars ive owned. The 435i i had once a combination of parts that made for a fun car where the M4 is a well enginered car straight from the factory. The whole suspension set up is different on the M4 and it is a lot more rigid and precise. I have been racing cars for a long time. The M4 is a better car in every regard and that is proven by the faster lap times it puts down with the same driver (Me). Now my M4 has full coilovers, camber plates, full exhaust, race seats and is gutted and it is incredible. I have a lot of love for my old build and as much as I wish it was on par with a true M, it simply was not. Please look into the engineering that went into the M chassis or just take one for a drive and you will see. Ill even take you for a ride in my M4 if you are ever around calabasas so you can see what I am talking about. Dont get me wrong, the standard 3 series and 4 series are great cars, but not the same as an M even with mods