evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 CS; '22 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Nothing wrong with a 340i xdrive. Had one myself. Now I have an M3. Completely different deal. Drive one and you will see what us M fan boys are talking about. Everything about the car has been carefully considered and it will run at the track all day long.
Fair enough. I just think "whole different level" is a pretty big statement if you put that huge mod list he had on a 435 on a 340 track package.

But alas we won't know until I do it
don't worry about it man. you have a great car but most people will agree that a car well set up from the factory is better than an extensively modded car that's similar. of course "whole new level" is relative .. we aren't talking about going from a golf TDI to a McLaren 675LT, but you can tell a big difference between M and non M cars. I've had a handful of each and I recently drove a really nice x6 35i MSport back to back with an X6M. power aside, so many aspects of the M are just better and that goes for the other models too.

in your defense I've said before that the non-Ms make for a great daily and maybe even better for a lot of people. the M cars can be a tad harsh, more expensive to operate, etc but if you appreciate the details the M divison incorporates, it's well worth the cash. it's a win-win for anyone trying to decide between the two.

Appreciate 0