View Single Post
      08-12-2017, 11:40 AM   #65
MattJ1320
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i Xdrv Sdn- 6sp Mpkg

Garage List
Lightbulb 2017 340i Xdrive 6MT -PPK- about to test

I know this is an F80 thread- but the coding for F30s and F80s are quite similar if not identical.
I have been driving manual for all of my driving career (since 1996)- built quite a few...broke quite a few...and built them again

Rev matching is nice at times- but completely throws me off- After owning Corvettes and a CTS-V... and other manual performance cars-
Manual means- you do all the work.. (Engineers like a one to one connection to the machine they are captaining)

I am going to code to depress both brake and clutch to start and see how the car responds. (Including error codes..for every action there will be a counter reaction)
You can already turn off rev matching by holding down the DCT button and disabling traction control- however, The muffler flap remains closed and the car runs the comfort fuel map- you cannot combine this feature in Sport or Sport Plus modes.

In short...from the mechanical perspective- They are saving warranty work for leaking rear main seals.. Down shifting (as fun and awesome as it is- does a job on your rear main seal)
Hence why they are only allowing downshifting in a non aggressive mode

Results to come later today
I am about to take a drive for about 2-3 hrs- lets see what happens.
Appreciate 0