Reddevils7
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2CS

Garage List
2010 E92 M3  [7.83]
2020 F87 M2CS  [7.13]
here's my experience with my my18 f82 non zcp dct for what's it's worth (and by no means am I trying to place any blame). I ran the car stock for the first~5k miles then went with Alex@alpine gts tune. ran perfectly till 12k miles when I went with his gts+ that was meant for stock down pipes. literally on my test drive back in the neighborhood as I was coming to a stop sign I got the drivetrain malfunction notice. got the car fixed and ran it stock for the next 5k miles and the went back to the original gts flash and have been running that ever since without issues and am at 36k miles now. before sch I used the kick down maybe a total of 5-6 times but didn't do it on that test drive. since the fix the only change in my driving habit has been to never use the kick down otherwise I drive it the same. I'm my opinion if you're stage 1 I wouldn't spend the money but if you start pushing above 550hp like stage 2 or turbo upgrades, etc and are keeping the car long-term then get the fix because it's risky at those power level
Appreciate 0