CCOWAN19
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 ZCP Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrwalker View Post
Yes in fact that's exactly what I am saying. Have seen it more than once.
oh cool...so you are a service advisor nice!

Please let me know where you are located so i can bring in my out of warranty slightly modified ( no crazy mods here ) M4 with a spun CH so you can fix it for free.
oh my carbon ceramic brakes are about done can you fix this too under " good will " please thanks!

Ill be in the waiting area drinking free champagne ...please text me when its ready to pick up and yes i do want it hand washed.
Dealerships goodwill stuff all the time. To a certain extent it's up to the dealer to decide if/what is good willed. Now, if your car pulls up screaming that it's modded odds are against you. But lightly modded cars and stock cars always have a chance of some goodwill participation. The dealer will look into if you actually spend money with them (maintenance that's not paid by the manufacturer, accessories etc). I'm a service director for a non BMW manufacturer and we goodwill work all the time if the situation dictates it, if the customer is loyal to us as a dealer and if they're not excessively out of warranty or have insane modifications. Each dealer has a limit on amount they can spend on a per repair basis before having to get your factory rep involved. In short, what he's saying isn't far fetched. There's people that have had CH failures repaired after warranty expired. Do some digging and keep in mind we aren't on this forum to bash each other. It's to inform, help and show off our beautiful M cars.