Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by figure99 View Post
Hey just wondering if you've had a chance to use the app anymore? Still positive review?

I ask because I'm doing the 2-day M school in Thermal, CA soon, and was hoping to get some video and track data, but don't own a gopro (or any action camera)... this appears to be an inexpensive option where I can use my phone as the camera for now, but have the option of using it with an action camera if I every upgrade to one in the future.
i used it for the first time this past weekend at an autocross event. Worked pretty good. I like the GUI, and it was easier to sync GoPro video than Harry's Timer.

One thing I will say about the 2-Day M School in Thermal. I've done this as well as the 1 day and the M Track Day. You will not really have time to setup the GoPro and your phone to run Racechrono for each car you hop into.

All timed events will be timed by the school anyway, and at this point, knowing how fast you were going at a certain point on the track won't really help you. You might get some good info looking at your throttle modulation, but you need an OBDII adapter connected to the car to get that data. With how often you switch cars and how little time you have to do it, you stand the chance of missing instruction and not getting the most out of the school.

Just drive, live in the moment, take in as much as you can. If this is your first time driving like this, then don't worry about recording it. There will be plenty of chances to do that once you get better and you can actually use the videos to improve.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0