Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_Danger View Post
This Will help you solstice

How to "complain" about the new M4 just because it is obviously superior to the e9x M3 a guide for owners (Even though you secretly love it)

Choose your own adventure:

1) That new M4 is so big!
1a) Definitely needs to lose some weight!
1b) Should be featured on the tv show the Biggest Loser!
1c) BMWs are so big and heavy now, it weights more than a school bus!
1d) RANT about Naturally Aspirated engines vs Forced Induction (even though the M4 will have much more HP and torque)

2) My eXX will always be better than this!
2a) Who cares, I cant afford it now!
2b) Wheres the replacement for the 850i or the M1?
2c) Ugh, of course they made another special M model for some rich prick who can't drive a real manual transmissioned car.
2d) I stopped lusting after new BMWs since Chris Bangle left the company

3) Another special color ughhh
3a) This car is so heavy what is this a new Hummer?
3b) What's next, a BMW M wheelchair?
3c) Ill just wait for the LCI they'll fix all the issues then, early buyers are suckers
4d) I bet we wont have (INSERT COOL FEATURE) Available in U.S.

4) Why haven't they give us engine specs?? i bet this car will be so underpowered
4a) For me, the first BMW I ever owned was the best one (insert model here) they are all now ugly.
4b) NO LEDs on a 2014 model just to add them in the LCI???.
4c) You know, the belt line and 'face' of this just doesn't do it for me - I know I should like it, but I don't
4d) Whats wrong with this shade of yellow, i hate it so much

You can get off your soap box, there are many of us who - if the desire to switch to the F80/F82 prevails - will do so when released. There are others such as myself, who prefer the the character/attributes of the S65 engined E9x ///M's. I will lament the shift from the N/A exclusive engine manufacturing philosophy of BMW ///M to the new fuel efficient/main stream/one size fits all marketing antics currently being served up by BMW. Since 1994 I have owned 13 new BMW's, 4 being FI (3 N63 and 1 N55). I can safely say from experience that the FI cars are extremely temperamental. Engine Malfunction Reduced Power error codes to lumpy idle characteristics. Those who have spent any significant time with these engines know what I am talking about. It also appears the S63 & S63 tu are no different in this regard. The N55 in my wife's F25 has proven to be reliable, but exhibits the aforementioned idle issues at times. Only time will tell how the S55 fares performance vs. reliability.

As far as the exterior aesthetics of the F80/F82 are concerned I think it's a win. Interior I will have to reserve judgement until released. That being said, I wouldn't mind having an F82 "in addition to" my E92 ///M.

You can label the E9x ///M's as being out dated, relics, old, and whatever other adjective you wish to add. It doesn't change the fact that it is the one and only V8 M3, and comes with a unique, old school, analog (non-artificial/synthesized) sound track with an 8400 red line, instant throttle response, and carries the crown as one of the greatest ever.

Damn I'm in love all over again
2018 X3 M40i BSM/Oyster/ZPP/ZPX/HK/S6CPA/718M(retired)

Last edited by car_fan; 08-29-2013 at 01:52 AM..
Appreciate 0