View Single Post
      05-15-2014, 03:31 AM   #136
Kenu8187
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Just pop a performance exhaust in there and it will suddenly "feel" savage when your ear drums no longer wonder wtf that shitty sound is coming through the speakers. Instead they become captivated by the symphony that is an I6 coming through your open window.

Dull feeling solved. A 6 liter v8 putting down the same time 0-60 as a 3 liter I6, turbo nor not, is somehow just dull? No it's not it just sounds like an old fart so you feel it's dull. What it really is, is an amazing step forward in automotive engineering. It allows us to drive a stunning car that won't rob us of thousands in taxes and gas and will still be relevant and even pivotal in modern and future everyday sportscars (weight savings, CFRP, fuel savings, no power loss even gain).

Auto makers have little choice but to better gas mileage, even in sports cars, I'd rather they perfect it now while the other dinosaur v8s are around and optional. I have no doubt that within 10 years v8's will become almost nonexistent and I/V 6's will be the new rarity available in full sized luxury, utility, and sports cars while the rest move to 4s and diesels.

Oh wait that's already happening
Appreciate 0