View Single Post
      01-03-2014, 05:59 PM   #392
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

The new M3/4 are both fantastic! There isn't a thing I would change, not the displacement, not the boost nor power delivered. It's just spot on magnificent what BMW has done here.

I'am glad to see such an achievement after being tired to see X variants that are sluggish mastodonts with centers of gravity nothing adding to "driving focus" by far, GT's that look like turds or FWD announcements of half breed SUV's/monovolumes, etc... just attempting to get hold on high volume sales. It's reinstalling faith that BMW didn't forget their roots of success and initial aura.

When you doubt the output, look at the torque/rpm line again, it's just incredible stellar what they've done for a super and nature preserving LEAN 3.0 6 inline (which we all want ... NO?). No doubt that this is THE bimmer many of us cravved for for many years now!

The lacking torque wrt to the Alpina is perfectly forgivable, there is no engine like this one, direct massive torque breathing open to high up the rpm scale, just WOW!

Smart move BMW, finally!
Appreciate 0