View Single Post
      09-23-2014, 06:52 PM   #26
mic_crispy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 | 964 | x1 M35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_M4 View Post
I have exactly the same, I live in the Netherlands and here the government has set out to make life as miserable as possible for people who likes cars......they have literally speed bumps everywhere. I get this crackling noise going over the speed bumps and in particular when I turn into a speed bump with one wheel first. My only conclusion is that the chassis is twisting and there are probably some friction between the windows and the rubber. It could also come from the CF roof but not sure.

For me the problem is not the noise itself but what I would like to understand is how stiff is this car actually if this can happen? There is a video on youtube with one of the M designers bragging that the car is so stiff it needs 40000 NM/degree. Now if the car is so stiff you would not expect crackling noises going over bumps on the road. The car simply feels cheap!!!!
You kinda answered your own question. The car IS stiff. Insanely stiff... which is why the plastic creaks around the other fixed parts.