United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Dinan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeM4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehagerty View Post
TypeM4,
So what is your opinion in my case, I purchased a 2nd hand M4 that came with the exhaust. Does that classify as used and cheap? The car had 11,600 and in no way was cheap
No, you are putting words in my mouth. If your car came with factory installed MPE (bought used or not) it should be covered under warranty. Maybe I should rephrase? I don't believe BMW is responsible for used non-factory installed MPE with no BMW receipt.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful to the OP or any other members. I sure the answer is in the warranty manual for the car or the part one.

I hope BMW takes care of the OP!!! I just don't think they are the evil empire if they refuse.
BMW is not taking care of the OP here. No receipt no replacement is final word on my car. I purchased the car with 6k mileage with exhaust on it. Noticed the crack at 10k miles after it was pointed out to me by mechanic at a private shop. This is when I approached my local dealership about replacement. We went around a couple times with it back and forth in the dealership service department. In the end they declined replacement because of the cost I'm sure. The CA was shocked at the cost of it new, obviously he had not sold one before. I think based on that and the technicality of no receipt, they exercised their right to decline me replacement. Definitely a manufacturer defect with everyone seeing these in similar areas it seems like BMW should recall these and make the necessary design/build modifications needed to eliminate this problem. When it's systemic with many people eventually you would think BMW would step up and admit there is a problem with these MP exhausts