05-21-2013, 06:38 AM   #2
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
I have noticed something while on this forum. while this is not the case for every person. It seems like a lot of people who are happy with the new I6 M3/M4 engine are non e9x M3 owners.

I feel the S65 engine is great in terms of having special characteristics. The S65 shares more characteristics with a engine found under the hood of a car with a "Dancing horse" badge on it, than it does to BMW engines in general.

While i know the new M3/M4 engine will most likely be better on Gas, and more powerful. Its going to be rather dull when coming from a S65. Of course i am making assumptions based off a car that i have never driven. but they are assumptions that only people driving e9x m3s are making.

This is a honest question, for the people who are sold on the new M direction. Have you ever driven a e9x M3 before and really got a feel for the car?
M3 is more expensive, but many who could afford the other one, have not bought it because they prefer the turbocharged engine. Now M3/M4 will sell like never, and that is all BMW wants. They don't care about the minority. But anyway it is over. Get the 911 before it goes to turbocharged Flat4 engines. Otherwise the only think left will be the 911 GT3.
Appreciate 0