10-28-2013, 08:22 AM   #673
richardg
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: MacanGTS, 991.2GT3, E63wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by duk View Post
I am really looking forward to the reviews...

I love my S65 but there is no doubt each new M3/M4 (ew at the name) will be better than the last gen. That's a fact.

If in 4 years there is a special CSL or car with performance package, I might bite however this time, I am going all lightweight with very little options. I rarely use the navigation for example.
I dont think skimping on Nav is going to save you any weight. Maybe a single pound for a GPS antennae which I am willing to bet is there as a part of BMW assist anyway. Remember non Nav cars still have the screen and an idrive controller so what are you really saving. The only options I see saving weight is not ordering DCT, Premium speakers (I assume there would be more speakers), Extended leather, Seat Heaters, Headlamp washers, and power rear sunshade. And of course ordering the CCB will save you a lot. I am sure all that stuff adds up, but I doubt that a fully loaded car and a stripper will be more than 20-30lbs apart, sans CCB and same transmission. If you absolutely want to save the weight then save the options costs and spend it on CCB. I used to be of that saving weight mindset but since I bought my e92m used with every single options minus the DCT I don't know if I want to not have Nav, Power sunshade, and a extended leather
Appreciate 0