Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: The other M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey100 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
my 18 only has the judder if i'm moving from standstill and do not give it enough revs. Not enough to stall but you can feel the clutch (pucks) barely catching. give it alittle more revs and its all smooth.

My old E46 use to have judders on initial engagement no matter what i did. Dealer ended up replacing the flywheel and clutch combo.
The only thing that seems to be in conflict is that it doesn't seem to be on the brink of stalling as if you under gas it. True though that if I ride the clutch by gassing it more than needed, it helps.

The other part is that it doesn't do it all the time. When it is not juddering I can easily drive in traffic without ever touching the gas. Just letting out the clutch slowly and it catches pretty smooth. If it's a mechanical issue, why wouldn't it do it all the time?

To me it seems that something in the programming drops the throttle sometimes as it engages (more than typical). I keep thinking that the new software they put on during my last service reprogrammed the throttle sensitivity somehow.

I've been more generous with the throttle when I sense it happening and then driving more normal when it is not.

The car is so smooth in all other cases....ugh.
I think it might be a strange interaction between the hill hold and the auto throttle when you start to engage the clutch. I notice it happens mostly when I'm on an incline or doing parking lot maneuvers. Otherwise I don't notice it much at all.
Appreciate 0