View Single Post
      11-08-2019, 08:41 AM   #160
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lappy View Post
I had a c5z prior, although it all sounds nice and cheap, everything is a massive pain the ass imo. If you are prepared to drop subframes and replace control arms then go for it. Not sure what year you are looking at however the following things will need to be addressed/maintained.

Torque tube bushings: Subframe needs to be dropped
Rear Diff: Subframe needs to be dropped
Clutch: Subframe need to dropped
Control Arm Bushing: Stock are complete utter garbage, either buy new arms or spend 2-3k on bushings
Master Cylinder is crap, probably already sorted on a TT car if I had to guess
If its a c5z: replace valve springs yearly, not a big deal
Massive heating issues: Need to run all sorts of coolers and upgraded radiators to even think about pushing the car.
Brakes: Factory is awful, ABS unit likes to go south on you
Hubs: Again, awful.

Long story short, it was the most raw car I have owned, it was a blast, it wasnt a blast everytime I had to lay on my back trying to figure out wtf broke now lol.
Oh gosh.... there was a c5z one paddock spot over from me at the last event and the owner was indeed on his back fighting with the rear subframe due to servicing the clutch before the next spec corvette race

I thought it was just bad luck but I guess that’s really how it it ?!?!

Thanks for the perspective. I guess there’s a reason why a sorted, class winning car is selling in the realm of spec Miata pricing

PrimeBMW I was thinking for w2w / enduro. replacement for my SM for when I get to the point that I’ve figured out the current car and am staring down the need to buy $8k motors to progress further
Appreciate 0